,/meta>

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another nice review of the Encyclopedia of Jewish Myth, Magic, and Mysticism appeared on the Starz wbsite:

The Encyclopedia of Jewish Myth, Magic and Mysticism by Rabbi Geoffrey W. Dennis

I feel like this spiritually advanced research book opened up a whole new world for me. I have been a seeker for a long time and have heard Jewish phrases and tradition along the way, but have felt very much like an outsider and you can imagine my delight when I opened the pages of this book and my thirst was finally quenched. I found myself learning and nodding all the way through.
This encyclopedia is well displayed, with meaningful descriptions and cross referencing it was easy to flip from one topic to another. I used the text in 2 basic ways and both worked beautifully. I was able to take topics and words I had heard before and found them easily and then I also had an enjoyable time starting at the beginning and reading this awesome find like it was a novel. I would recommend this impressive labor of love to seekers everywhere who are looking for a deeper understanding of Thirty-five Hundred years of accumulated hidden wisdom.

Riki Frahmann

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina Amir said...

Rabbi Dennis,

I enjoyed reading your blog. I noticed that you are speaking about priestesses, among other things. I am writing a book that deals with kohanot. I'd love to chat with you some time. You can check me out at www.purespiritcreations.com. I've got a blog there, too...sometimes Jewish, sometimes not.

Also, how do you like your web ring? Someone told me to join one, but my web master said they were bad news.

B'brachot,

Nina

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home