,/meta>

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Dibbuk Box: There's a Ghost in my Web Stats

["Dybbuk" by Elly Simmons, found at www.cre8tivez.org/interdis/interdis.htm ]

So I just noticed a strange spike in visits to the JMMM blog. This most often happens after a showing of the Demi Moore film, The Seven Sign. But this one is different. A huge number of visits to entries on Exorcism and Dibbuks / Dybbuks. I was puzzled, but now I understand. It's unusual for me to be caught off guard when it comes to movies, but it just happened -- I had no idea the horror movie Possession: The Dibbuk Box had a Jewish theme to it. Well, I haven't had a chance to see it yet (33% in Rotten Tomatoes - that's Ashton Kutcher bad!), but I thought I'd facilitate online seekers by grouping all the links to relevant topics on the JMMM right here...


...and, of course, you can do more leisurely study of the topic using my book, The Encyclopedia of Jewish Myth, Magic, and Mysticism: http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Jewish-Myth-Magic-Mysticism/dp/0738709050

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna L. Faber said...

Isn't it strange how popculture affects what we write and how people respond to it. If you look enough, you may discover there hasn't been an original idea in years! Dropping by to say hi. I didn't make the last synchroblog but the piece is done at www.whenisisrises.blogspot.com. Hope you drop by.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for this. I've been writing a nineteenth-century ghost-hunter series, and I've been doing a lot of reading into non-Christian mythological structures, so this is very helpful. I also have a layman's interest in Biblical history and mythology. This is a wonderful resource you've compiled.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home